I first started this blog in order to help others understand the insights of a cancer diagnosis. I also thought it would help me to document my time through this process, allow me to make sense of this difficult and confusing time and provide me with something meaningful to do whilst I am stuck in hospital. 

Like the majority of people in the world, you don't expect to be given a cancer diagnosis at the age of 22. You are thrown into the brand new world that you know nothing about and have so little information on what this crazy journey is going to be like which I found very frustrating. When I was first diagnosed I wanted to understand what’s going to happen to me, what the process is and if my life will be stopped for the years to come. I wanted to understand what it is like to live with cancer from people similar to my age, going through similar experiences. I struggled to find anything that was valuable to me, things I could relate to or something that offered a positive outlook during a crappy time of being diagnosed with cancer. 

I  had the idea to start a blog, not only for my own reasons, but also to raise awareness and hopefully, inform others who unfortunately find themselves in a similar position. I want to prove that despite being diagnosed with cancer, it isn't all bad, and through sharing my own experiences help others understand what cancer really means. 

I am also passionate to do my bit to change the stigma around cancer. 



Firstly, the majority of the population, me included, are scared of the word to begin with. Secondly, after being thrown into the world of cancer, I was frustrated by the fact that 90% of the online information and in leaflets appears to be only about the very negative aspects of a cancer journey. It seems to be only about the horrible problems (which is true but not what we should focus on) which,  not only worried and depressed me, but also infuriated me. Obviously, there are so many difficult things that come with a cancer diagnosis but I would like to think there could be more focus on what CAN stay the same!